General Civil Litigation
From his offices in Santa Barbara, California, Miles T. Goldrick, Lawyer, represents clients in the Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo tri-county area in a variety of civil litigation matters. For experienced, personalized representation in any of the areas described below, contact Miles T. Goldrick, Lawyer.
Miles' extensive litigation experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants, which lends credibility to his general civil litigation practice. He has successfully organized and tried highly complex cases, including significant insurance defense matters. Presently, his trial work focuses on helping individuals and families with litigation involving:
- Family Law - Miles represents clients in a variety of proceedings, including dissolution of marriage and related issues of property division, spousal support, child custody, and child support. Also, he assists clients in establishing or challenging parentage through genetic testing and other means, as well as cases of domestic violence, which may require the issuance of protective orders. For additional information, see the family law page.
- Wills and Trusts - Litigation regarding estate planning documents may involve challenges to the validity of a document, lawsuits concerning the interpretation of a document, allegations of wrongdoing by an executor or trustee, or trust termination proceedings. Miles has extensive experience handling complex will and trust disputes; the wills, trusts, and related litigation page contains additional information.
- Contract Disputes - Failure to perform any contractual term without a legitimate legal reason constitutes a breach of contract, no matter if the contract is written or oral. Courts also recognize implied contracts when the circumstances of an interaction establish that it would be unfair and/or gratuitously beneficial to one of the parties to deny the existence of a contract. Miles represents parties in breach of contract disputes involving various transactions, such as buying and selling property and service contracts.
- Real Property Disputes - Disputes can arise at any stage of real estate activity, including planning, buying, selling, altering, or improving properties. Miles has helped clients enforce their property rights in actions such as:
- Boundary Line Disputes
- Impairment Disputes, which may involve hedges growing too high or neighbors building second stories that block ocean views
- Title Disputes
- Personal Injury - If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident due to the fault of another, Miles can assist in your personal injury claim. Whether harmed in an automobile crash or because of a dangerously defective product, people injured by the negligence or wrongful act of another are entitled to compensation. Generally, plaintiffs may recover for economic harm, such as medical expenses, property damage and lost wages, as well as less tangible damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and emotional distress.